MODULE 2: Introduction to Entrepreneurship
What is Entrepreneurship?
An entrepreneur is an individual who creates a new business, bearing most of the risks and enjoying most of the rewards. The process of setting up a business is known as entrepreneurship. The entrepreneur is commonly seen as an innovator, a source of new ideas, goods, services, and business/or procedures.
These are the Learning Outcomes for this module:
- Describe and discuss entrepreneurship
- Identify and describe the characteristics of a successful entrepreneur.
- Identify, assess, and improve personal entrepreneurial characteristics.
- Explain and demonstrate effective teamwork strategies in an entrepreneurial context.
- Identify and assess own business ideas/opportunities for a new venture.
- Analyse the viability of a selected idea/opportunity against specific screening variables.
- Research the potential of a particular idea/opportunity as a new venture.
- Analyse a range risks associated with a new venture.
- Evaluate new venture ideas/opportunities based on research findings
- Develop specific techniques for releasing creativity in developing ideas/opportunities for a new venture.
- Determine the role of innovation in the development and growth of a new venture.
- Apply principles and practices of innovation in the development and growth of a new venture.
- Demonstrate an understanding of an entrepreneurial profile (SAQA 2633356)
- Research the viability of the new ideas / opportunities –SAQA 114596
- Apply innovative thinking to the development of a small business – SAQA 114600
Who is this course for?
This qualification is intended for persons who wish to start, operate, manage and grow a new small to medium business venture.
The purpose of the qualification is achieved via demonstration of competence in terms of the exit level outcomes, which in turn are a function of the associated unit standards. Summative assessment will take place after completing the training, for each module. Candidates will be assessed in an integrative manner per exit level outcome according to the qualification rules. All assessment evidence will be uploaded on the Learning Management System (LMS).
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL):
This qualification can be achieved wholly or in part through Recognition of Prior Learning in terms of the defined exit level outcomes and/or individual unit standards.
- Learner Guide
- Demonstrate an understanding of an entrepreneurial profile SAQA 2633356 Slides
- Research the viability of the new ideas or opportunities SAQA 114596 Slides
- Apply innovation thinking to the development of a small business SAQA 114600 Slides
- Learner Workbook Module 2 Introduction to Entrepreneurship
- Summative POE Guide Module 2 Introduction to Entrepreneurship