Facilitator: Thandekile Madikane
Format: Blended Pre-recorded and Live Interactive sessions
Number of Credits: 138
Duration: 12 Months
Price: R12 000
The purpose of the New Venture Creation Level 2 qualification is to provide a skills development programme for potential and existing entrepreneurs to capitalise on opportunities to start and grow sustainable businesses that form part of the mainstream economy, enabling the learners to tender for business opportunities within both the public and private sectors.Research has indicated that people working with their own new ventures at this level need the following competencies:
- Acquisition of an entrepreneurial profile which includes an innovation orientation
- An understanding of the industry/sector in which they wish to establish a new venture
- An ability to match new venture opportunities to market needs within a chosen
- Have an ability to determine and manage the financial requirements of a new venture
- An ability to match new venture opportunities to market needs
- An ability to compile and utilise a business plan to manage a new venture and also where
- relevant, to seek funding for a new venture
This course consist of the following modules
- The Entrepreneur
- Numeracy Skills and Business Writing
- New Venture Financial & Industry Aspects and Business Plan Writing
- Manage Customer Services, Sales and Marketing
- Manage Finance & Operations
- Manage People, Deal with HIV/AIDS as a Business Owner
Programme Learning Outcomes:
- Use basic Mathematics in order to fulfil new venture functions effectively
- Apply basic Communication skills in new venture creation context
- Determine market requirements and manage the relevant marketing and selling processes
- Demonstrate an understanding of the sector/industry in which the business operates
- Determine financial requirements and manage financial resources of a new venture
- Manage business operations
Learning assumed to be in place:
- Communication at NQF Level 1 (High School, Grade 9)
- Mathematical Literacy at NQF Level 1 (High School, Grade 9)
Who is this course for?
This qualification is designed for learners who intend to set up or have already set up own ventures.
Assessment of the competencies and knowledge in the qualification needs to be done in the context of the learner’s own new venture.
- Formative assessment: Portfolio of evidence will be submitted within two months after the training of each module. Assessment activities include evaluating all documentation produce during the process and questioning to test knowledge and ability to apply.
- Final summative assessment: An Integrated Assessment will be conducted on the theoretical and practical components after all the modules are completed. During integrated assessments the assessor makes use of formative and summative assessment methods and assess combinations of practical, applied, foundational and reflective competencies.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL):
This qualification can be achieved wholly or in part through Recognition of Prior Learning in terms of
the defined exit level outcomes and/or individual unit standards.