SAQA ID: 66249
Duration: 8-12 months
This qualification is intended for persons who wish to start, operate, manage and grow a new small to medium business venture. Learners attempting this qualification will be equipped with a variety of technical, business managerial and personal skills and strategies to help them succeed in the creation and sustenance of a business.
The successful learner will develop a sound foundation for the application of these skills and knowledge to explore a diverse range of entrepreneurial opportunities.
This qualification meets the needs of society by, primarily, providing persons who are able to apply the fairly complex knowledge and skills required to be an entrepreneur and thus contribute to the economic upliftment of themselves, their community and thereby the nation as a whole.
Programme Learning Outcomes:
On completion of this program learners will be able to:
- Demonstrate an ability to identify and create a new venture.
- Demonstrate knowledge of interpersonal skills required in a business environment.
- Demonstrate an understanding of basic economics within a market economy.
- Manage a new venture by applying business principles and techniques.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the role of leadership and management.
- Grade 12
- English literacy and numeracy at NQF 3 or equivalent.
- Recognition of prior learning:
This qualification may be achieved in part through the recognition of prior learning, which includes formal, informal and non-formal learning and work experience.
This qualification is intended for persons who wish to start, operate, manage and grow a new small to medium business venture.
Assessment: The purpose of the qualification is achieved via demonstration of competence in terms of the exit level outcomes, which in turn are a function of the associated unit standards. Candidates will be assessed in an integrative manner per exit level outcome according to the qualification rules.
Certification: This includes obtaining endorsement from the SETQAA.