Facilitator: Carol Petersen
Duration: 6 hour
Price: R4 500
In today’s digital world, nearly every career requires digital communication at some point, so equipping yourself with the skills to effectively and responsibly find, evaluate, communicate, and share online content is key to your future. Our Digital Literacy course will help you succeed in the digital world while developing your confidence and skills for life online.
- Learn digital skills that can help you connect, learn, engage with your community, and create more promising futures
- Learn the essential Microsoft Office Skills: Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Who is this course for?
- Anyone with basic reading skills who wants to learn the fundamentals of using digital technologies.
- Anyone new to Microsoft Office or upgrading from a previous version.
Key topics to be covered:
The course gives you digital literacy skills, so that you can utilize technology to interact with the world around you. You’ll get screenshots and simulations from Windows and Microsoft Office that show real life examples.
- Basic digital knowledge on how to use a computer
- Introduction to the PC and Windows operating system
- How to use the Internet
- How to keep yourself and your computer safe online
- Basics of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Introduction to Social Media and Blogging
To obtain a Certificate of Completion, you will be required to complete the assessment process which consists of an online exam at the end of the course.