Facilitator: Mzoxolo Gulwa
Duration: 2 hours
Competitive intelligence refers to the ability to gather, analyze, and use information collected on competitors, customers, and other market factors that contribute to a business’s competitive advantage. Competitive intelligence is important because it helps businesses understand their competitive environment and the opportunities and challenges it presents.
Foreknowledge of your competitors’ strategic and tactical plans gives you the edge to continue improving so you are able to set your business apart. The intelligence gathered also serve as a useful tool for planning your own business decisions.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Synthesize and interpret (rather than just report on) dynamic industry developments, i.e. see the forest from the trees.
- Identify competitors’ behaviours and predict significant competitive moves
- Pinpoint competitors’ soft spots, blind spots, and strategic vulnerabilities
- Communicate with and have an impact on executive, C-suite leaders.
Key topics to be covered
- Ways to ethically gather information on your competitors and other market forces
- Structured intelligence analysis techniques e.g. Threat Indicator Analysis (TIA), Competitor Key People Profiling, Win-Loss Analysis and Competitor Response Model
- Communication and application of competitive intelligence to business decisions and actions
Who is this course for?
This course is designed to help managers understand how to use market knowledge in making more effective and profitable decisions. It is recommended for:
- Senior executives
- Marketing executives
- Product managers
- Business Development managers
- Planning managers
- Professionals involved in any form of business intelligence
This course includes:
- 2 hours on-demand video
- Two articles
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile
- Attendance certificate