Facilitator: Mzoxolo Gulwa
Duration: 3 Months
This course, originally developed for the Johannesburg Business School (JBS), will assist and guide you in understanding the concept of strategy and strategic management, what it entails, and the process that effective strategic management requires. It contains plenty of real-life examples, which makes it even more fun and easy to understand. In addition, we have prepared a ton of supplemental resources for you: course notes, templates, and so on.
By the end of the programme, you will be able to:
- Define the concept of strategy
- Evaluate the role and function of strategy
- Apply strategic thinking within the context of doing business in emerging markets, both locally and globally
- Evaluate how digital transformation is impacting the industry value chain, patterns of demand and competitive pressures
- Analyze an organization’s competencies and capabilities relative to its operating environment
- Formulate a successful business strategy
Key topics to be covered:
- Overview of strategic management
- External and internal environmental analysis
- Creation and evaluation of strategies
- Strategic planning and implementation
- Innovative business model design
Who is this course for?
Strategy students who need additional information and resources.